Watching videos on CG Cookie
Video content on CG Cookie is presented in a streaming video format. This can be viewed from your desktop, mobile phone, or tablet when on the go. Let's break down the things you can do with our video player.
Things you can do while watching a video on CG Cookie
- Play and or Pause the video
- If you happen to miss something you can rewind the video 10 seconds,
- Need to copy a link to a specific time in the video? Clicking the clock icon will copy the timestamped link, so you may paste that in the CG Cookie forum or elsewhere when appropriate,
- Typically displayed on Courses, this icon will widen the view, and push the chapter list below.
- Closed Captions will be available on the majority of our newer content. Clicking this icon will allow you to enable it, and search the captions,
- Volume Level,
- Settings, here you can adjust the playback speed and the quality of the video,
- As an active Citizen subscriber, you have the ability to download HD versions of each lesson. Here is where you do so,
- Go full screen, keep in mind auto-play to the next lesson will not work in full-screen mode
Just below the video player is key information about what you're watching and additional options.
- Save this: The ability to bookmark a lesson for later viewing or start building your own Playlist.
- Mark as done: CG Cookie enables progress tracking, and with you in control of it. If you watch the majority of the video we will mark it as watched automatically, or if you'd prefer you may manually do that by clicking the eye icon.
How many videos am I able to download?
With CG Cookie being a worldwide service, we understand that not everyone has access to a stable connection, and this is why we offer HD Video Downloads to our Citizen members. With this feature, we do limit the number of downloads to 53 per month, which is the maximum amount of videos a dedicated member could reasonably work through in a given month.
Accounts above the limit may have their download privileges removed, or in the worst case be banned, removed, and exempt from any refunds.
How do I enable or disable the autoplay of video lessons?
By default when you create an account on CG Cookie, video lessons are not enabled to auto-play to the next video. Depending on your learning style, you may prefer to have this on.
After logging into your CG Cookie account, head over to your application preferences. https://www.cgcookie.com/dashboard/settings/app_preferences to set the desired behavior.
Note: currently when viewing a video in full-screen, videos will exit the full screen to traverse to the next video lesson.